CD Projekt RED announces a new Witcher game is officially in development, being built on Unreal Engine 5

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
CD Projekt RED announces a new Witcher game is officially in development, being built on Unreal Engine 5

We're happy to announce that the next installment in The Witcher series of video games is currently in development, kicking off a new saga for the franchise.
This is an exciting moment as we're moving from REDengine to Unreal Engine 5, beginning a multi-year strategic partnership with Epic Games. It covers not only licensing, but technical development of Unreal Engine 5, as well as potential future versions of Unreal Engine, where relevant. We'll closely collaborate with Epic Games' developers with the primary goal being to help tailor the engine for open-world experiences.
At this point, no further details regarding the game — such as a development time frame or release date — are available.
REDengine, the technology which powers Cyberpunk 2077, is still being used for the development of the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 expansion.

It's gonna be either a completely random new main character, or Ciri. Either way, my money is on the MC being a woman.

The fact that they're switching over to UE5, and are now dealing with Epic does not give me a lot of hope for its release... Please not another Epic exclusive. I'm so tired of them.

It's gonna be either a completely random new main character, or Ciri. Either way, my money is on the MC being a woman.

The fact that they're switching over to UE5, and are now dealing with Epic does not give me a lot of hope for its release... Please not another Epic exclusive. I'm so tired of them.
Woman lead would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom