28th Critics' Choice Awards - 2023

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
https://www.criticschoice.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critics'_Choice_Movie_Awards

0DIIbLI.png

The Critics' Choice Movie Awards (formerly known as the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award) is an awards show presented annually by the American-Canadian Critics Choice Association (CCA) to honor the finest in cinematic achievement. Written ballots are submitted during a week-long nominating period, and the resulting nominees are announced in December. The winners chosen by subsequent voting are revealed at the annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards ceremony in January. Additionally, special awards are given out at the discretion of the BFCA Board of Directors. This award is also an indicator of success at the Academy Awards.

‘Everything Everywhere All At Once’ Takes Best Picture

And here are all the other winners:

BEST ACTRESS
Cate Blanchett – Tár

BEST ACTOR
Brendan Fraser – The Whale

BEST DIRECTOR
Daniel Kwan, Daniel Scheinert – Everything Everywhere All at Once

BEST LIMITED SERIES
The Dropout (Hulu)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Zendaya – Euphoria (HBO)

BEST MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story (The Roku Channel)

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE SERIES
Pachinko (Apple TV+)

BEST TALK SHOW
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

BEST COMEDY SPECIAL
Norm Macdonald: Nothing Special (Netflix)

BEST ANIMATED SERIES
Harley Quinn (HBO Max)

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Claudio Miranda – Top Gun: Maverick

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Florencia Martin, Anthony Carlino – Babylon

Couldn't agree more with Best Cinematography. Top Gun Maverick was on point.

Couldn't agree more with Best Cinematography. Top Gun Maverick was on point.
And I couldn't agree more with Harley Quinn. It is one of the best animated series I've seen in the last year.

Well, to be fair - it's the only one I can give an opinion on. The others I haven't seen yet.

And I couldn't agree more with Harley Quinn. It is one of the best animated series I've seen in the last year.

Well, to be fair - it's the only one I can give an opinion on. The others I haven't seen yet.
But you can compare it to animated series from previous years.

But you can compare it to animated series from previous years.
I can. I binged the first 2 seasons last year, and was pleasantly surprised. Think Deadpool levels of pleasant - it's brutal, violent, and does not hold back with its language. But it's also hilarious, has great characters, and fukken finally makes harlivy canon holy shit dc why did it take so fucking long

I can. I binged the first 2 seasons last year, and was pleasantly surprised. Think Deadpool levels of pleasant - it's brutal, violent, and does not hold back with its language. But it's also hilarious, has great characters, and fukken finally makes harlivy canon holy shit dc why did it take so fucking long
I had to google that. It's Poison Ivy + Harley Quinn's child?

I had to google that. It's Poison Ivy + Harley Quinn's child?
No, it's the name the fandom gave to the Ivy+Harley ship. It's been a fan favorite for a long while, but all they got was some non-canon comics where they hook up. This cartoon is the first canon representation of them actually getting in a relationship.

No, it's the name the fandom gave to the Ivy+Harley ship. It's been a fan favorite for a long while, but all they got was some non-canon comics where they hook up. This cartoon is the first canon representation of them actually getting in a relationship.
Ah okay, got it. Only other example I know is Brad Pitt + Angelina Jolie = Brangelina.

Back
Top Bottom