18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker

Andre

wos-box.png

18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker
Extreme Trucker is yet another great trucking game developed by SCSSoft and published by ValuSoft. I remember, when our family got the second computer, my father installed Hard Truck on it. The game was really good and if I recall I played it quite much. The first game was followed by American Long Haul, Haulin', Pedal To The Metal, Convoy, Across America, Big City Rigs and just in October 2009, 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker came.

The game this time doesn't give you a chance to run your own trucker company or anything like buying your own trucks. This is perhaps the biggest change that an average trucker that has tried any of the previous games will notice. But how do you plan on running your big company in the middle of Canadian ice roads or the jungle, or the outback? This time you get a simple menu with the available loads for you to deliver. You earn points for every delivery, amount depending on the delivery length and damage. And with points you advance in career. In the Tuktoyaktuk iceroads you can become a Ice Road Trucker which obviously is a referral to hit-show Ice Road Truckers.

To get the biggest enjoyment I actually hooked up my Logitech racing wheel Formula. This really rocks with the wheel!

The game comes with three available locations for trucking!
wos-map.png

The Tuktoyaktuk winter road can become a challenge, yet it is somehow disappointing. It isn't like the show Ice Road Truckers at all. If you've seen the show you probably get my point. Maybe you expected a little more from it? The "ice cracks" you see after every mile are a little awkward for example.
wos-tuktoyaktuk-winter-road.png

The second location is the Yungas road. This is the map I enjoy the most. It is epic fun speeding around the hillside with 60mph with your small truck. There are loads of close calls for collisions or even falling off the cliff. But that's the best part, seeing the scenic view as you slide around the road with your vehicle. The road is very narrow, try passing a tourist bus on a nice curve with 60mph doing a nice powerslide! It can be awesome, but you might as well flip your truck!
wos-yungas-road.png

The third map is Australian Outback. There's nothing really much interesting about this map. It is the worst of the three. You sure can have a REALLY long truck, but the road doesn't offer much of a challenge. Kind of reminds me of Euro Truck Simulator which is almost the same - you just drive thru' the land, maybe a few turns you have to do. So yer', matey, deliver some medicine through the aussie outback to your granny!
wos-aussie-backlands.png

The biggest thing I dislike about the game is that all the games by the developer SCSSoft look absolutely the same. There might be a small graphics difference or different maps or locations. The basic (perhaps the game engine) is still the same and no big breakthrough is done. But what's more to ask from a trucking game? From a simple trucking game, not GTA:IV?

Screenshots
A nice view over the mountains in Yungas Road.
wos-yungas-1.png

I mentioned close calls, didn't I? You can't see behind the corner while rushing past other vehicles doing 55mph! Adrenaline!
wos-yungas-2.png

Nice game for a Trucker. I saw someone playing it on my xfire list. Forgot who though. He was broadcasting and I saw some stuff you can do! :holmes:

What about the people who want to download it??? Is their a link????

[m=Mave]Link removed. TMS is in now way associated with WarezFFS. Don't link to illegal sites.[/m]

[TMS]Slayer said:
Nice game for a Trucker. I saw someone playing it on my xfire list. Forgot who though. He was broadcasting and I saw some stuff you can do! :holmes:

That was me, how dare you forget :cryhard: :cry:

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but this looks like one of those games that you can complete a 100% in one hour.
Again, correct me if I'm mistaken.

How the FUCKING HELL is ThePirateBay a ILLEGAL SITE?!
But fine, have a link to Google torrent then: http://www.google.com/search?q=filetype%3Atorrent+18+Wheels+of+Steel+Extreme+Trucker

Mave said:
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but this looks like one of those games that you can complete a 100% in one hour.
Again, correct me if I'm mistaken.
No, I have 5+ playing hours and I haven't reached the biggest rigs in Yungas Road. And I haven't yet became an Ice Road Trucker or anything. Incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom