Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

Let's be honest: NZ being an island is also a massive advantage.
It does make managing immigration a lot easier, yes.
But, England is also an island. And they haven't really been a paragon in pandemic managing, right?

It does make managing immigration a lot easier, yes.
But, England is also an island. And they haven't really been a paragon in pandemic managing, right?
Fair point, although Boris Johnson is mostly to blame for that imo.

Meanwhile Belgium has vaccinated a ridiculously low number of people... FFS get your shit together government.
What? The Belgian government is being incompetent and tied up in red tape? Who could have seen that coming?

How can anyone be this dumb?

RPADXkw.jpg

Really interesting, informative video about all the different vaccine’s efficacy rates.

Meanwhile, the US government is steadily progressing to have 75% of the population vaccinated halfway through April.

How far along is Belgium, again?

Meanwhile, the US government is steadily progressing to have 75% of the population vaccinated halfway through April.

How far along is Belgium, again?
It's amazing how pissed off this post makes me.

TBF, I understood that the US and Israeli governments were willing to pay a premium to get the vaccines first.

Still, one of the producers of vaccines is based in Antwerp. You'd think that the Belgian government had an advantage.

TBF, I understood that the US and Israeli governments were willing to pay a premium to get the vaccines first.

Still, one of the producers of vaccines is based in Antwerp. You'd think that the Belgian government had an advantage.
It has been shown more than once that they are clearly incapable...

It has been shown more than once that they are clearly incapable...
I don't think it's just them being incapable. It's also the fact that there are too many people involved in making decisions. Fedaral, Community, District, Provincial, everything.

And of course, don't forget that politicians make a decision based on what they think the public will agree with, then a scientist comes in the media calling them out on not being as strict as they should be, and then a few days later a press release is held announcing modifications to the rules set out a few days earlier.

In true Belgian fashion, the government doesn't have one small, specialized group that dictates in clear terms, but they have multiple people, all shouting different things, and then they come to an agreement to placate the others, and then they renege on that deal immediately after.

TL;DR: it's a shitshow

Another Covid meeting for our government today.. Really hoping on some clarity, not necessarily for myself, but for business owners and the general public that's fed up with all the rules. I see more and more people disobeying and getting together.

Well, they did something similar in the Netherlands - and three weeks later it's blown up in their faces. The PM even had to publicly apologize, saying he was "too soon to remove restrictions".

Scientists all over the world facepalmed.

Back
Top Bottom