[Epic Games] STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II: Celebration Edition (Free/100% Off)

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator

W9MZQqK.jpg

Man, I'm still not sure if I trust the Epic Game Store and it's launcher... When you google anything about it, the first thing that pops up is a massive reddit thread exposing all kinds of shady things - some of which can be explained by reasonable purposes.
But, if you look for debunking it, most of the shit you find is just articles saying that "the reddit thread is nonsense", without much explanation why. Or it's from Epic and its CEO themselves.

Man, I'm still not sure if I trust the Epic Game Store and it's launcher... When you google anything about it, the first thing that pops up is a massive reddit thread exposing all kinds of shady things - some of which can be explained by reasonable purposes.
But, if you look for debunking it, most of the shit you find is just articles saying that "the reddit thread is nonsense", without much explanation why. Or it's from Epic and its CEO themselves.
If the installer really is fishy, it'd eventually be discovered, and the entire company will go down for it.

If the installer really is fishy, it'd eventually be discovered, and the entire company will go down for it.
Well, that's the thing... It's not open source, so really figuring out what is going on is tricky. All we have are some bits of evidence on what the launcher does, but no idea why it does them.
Accessing the system's running processes can be explained with Anti-Cheat software, but why is it doing it before you even installed a game? Copying files from your Steam install can be explained by importing your friend list, but why does it copy more than just your friend list?
There is no clear, impartial answer that I found. The only thing I found was a very heavily "EGS is horrible" tinted post, and a multitude of post debunking it without really debunking it, or written by EG themselves.

And then there's the whole exclusivity bullshit. That's not software, that's just business practices that I heavily object to.

Back
Top Bottom