Technology: General Discussion

Figuring out how to use a GoPro 4 Black as a webcam to maybe stream my next mix live from my terrace.
Unfortunately it'll require me getting a capture card.

Right now this would be the build I'm aiming for:

Time to start save some money :biggrin:
Right now I could actually afford to get this build, even a bit better, however I realized that I would need a new monitor as well. None of the current GPU's has DVI port, which my monitor has. Not to mention my monitor doesn't have DisplayPort either so fuck me. I have to start saving for a new monitor as well. :biggrin:

Right now I could actually afford to get this build, even a bit better, however I realized that I would need a new monitor as well. None of the current GPU's has DVI port, which my monitor has. Not to mention my monitor doesn't have DisplayPort either so fuck me. I have to start saving for a new monitor as well. :biggrin:
Ah that sucks indeed :biggrin:
Let me give you one protip: do NOT get a 4k monitor. (I still regret getting one, if you want to play at really high/max settings, stick to 1080p)

Ah that sucks indeed :biggrin:
Let me give you one protip: do NOT get a 4k monitor. (I still regret getting one, if you want to play at really high/max settings, stick to 1080p)
Oh no worries about that, I will most likely go for 1440p, but I'm still debating whether I should stick with 1080p or not

Oh no worries about that, I will most likely go for 1440p, but I'm still debating whether I should stick with 1080p or not
I'd still go for 1080p and a really high refresh rate knowing what I know now (and if I was in your shoes).

You could get a DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI cable? It's what I did.

Anyone got 30k to spare?

yXe5oOw.jpg

The new Nvidia GPU’s are expected to be announced in one month. I might actually upgrade from my 1070 if prices aren’t ridiculous.

We should get AMD's new Zen 3 CPU's this year as well

aaaa I can't wait

Just my luck...Home alone tonight since the gf is at the seaside. Downloaded and installed RDR2. As I'm launching RDR2 message pops up saying I need to update my Nvidia drivers. In the middle of the update I get a BSOD. Now Geforce won't start, get an error "Please restart and run Geforce again." Restarted 3 times already. At first it also wouldn't let me uninstall but finally it's letting me. Hopefully I'll get this working again soon...

Just my luck...Home alone tonight since the gf is at the seaside. Downloaded and installed RDR2. As I'm launching RDR2 message pops up saying I need to update my Nvidia drivers. In the middle of the update I get a BSOD. Now Geforce won't start, get an error "Please restart and run Geforce again." Restarted 3 times already. At first it also wouldn't let me uninstall but finally it's letting me. Hopefully I'll get this working again soon...
My GPU works again, phew. :biggrin:

Ooof, that's nice to hear :biggrin: Kinda weird that RDR2 forces you to update your drivers...

Gf accidentally dropped my non-waterproof B&O Beoplay A2 in the pool yesterday, and it no longer functions. (obviously)

9fmcDIl.png

So naturally I went ahead and bought the best portable speaker available for LESS than the current A2 price. (and gf is funding half of it)

My dad actually already owns one (the black one, not this one, but this one was 70 euros cheaper!), so I know the battery life, sound and bass quality is insane.

u1Gtm3R.png

Can't wait for it to arrive!

So my headphones are disintegrating.
Not the mechanics, those are fine, but the foam pads and ear cushions are just... disintegrating. The material is just coming apart, leaving black bits all over my desk.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

So my headphones are disintegrating.
Not the mechanics, those are fine, but the foam pads and ear cushions are just... disintegrating. The material is just coming apart, leaving black bits all over my desk.

Any suggestions for a replacement?
And you're sure you can't replace just the foam pads?
And what do you want? Noise cancellation? Then definitely go with the Sony WH-1000XM3, can't recommend these enough. Sound is AMAZING.
At work however I don't really need noise cancellation and use my "old" Aira headphones.
Both headphones have a sturdy case that comes in the box.

Oh, yeah, that's... a bit over my budget. Thanks for the tip, though.

And I looked if I could replace the pads, but they're glued on. Or were, since the glue is disintegrating, and pushing everything back in is gonna be a massive bitch...

Oh, yeah, that's... a bit over my budget. Thanks for the tip, though.

And I looked if I could replace the pads, but they're glued on. Or were, since the glue is disintegrating, and pushing everything back in is gonna be a massive bitch...
What's your current headphones brand and model?

Back
Top Bottom