GTA V: Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Thread

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
As Rockstar keeps milking out GTA V, we'll keep creating discussion threads for GTA V.3

GTA V: Expanded & Enhanced Discussion Thread​

What do we know so far?

Pretty much nothing. All info comes from the Rockstar Games Newswire.

Most important info:

"A range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the latest hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever."​

"The ever-evolving, shared world of GTA Online will continue on to the new generation with more new updates including additional GTA Online content exclusive to the new consoles and PC"​

"There will also be a new standalone version of GTA Online coming in the second half of 2021, which will be available for free exclusively for PlayStation 5 players during the first three months. "​

We've had no official news except that one Newswire post.

Ofn0A06.png

4chan "leak", we'll find out today if it's legit.

So, a week later, I'm guessing this leak was bullshit?

Either that, or Rockstar execs just postpone any announcements whenever a leak comes out.

So, a week later, I'm guessing this leak was bullshit?

Either that, or Rockstar execs just postpone any announcements whenever a leak comes out.
Yup, like 99% of the "4chan leaks", it's utter bullshit.

According to this 4cha leak, we might see the E&E version dropping in June:

RQ4CXky.png

He was right about Ratchet & Clank already:

This is one of the more believable leaks... It's only dates, which is pretty believable for a PR employee to know.

Hopefully the E&E trailer will blow this one out of the water:

Hopefully, but I doubt it. I don't think they'll work with extensive engine fixes for just a new console.

Hopefully, but I doubt it. I don't think they'll work with extensive engine fixes for just a new console.
You're probably right, that fan made trailer looks amazing though. Proper editing for a game mod.

Sad realization: Rockstar may be waiting until the "next-gen" consoles are in stock everywhere, however this is tied to the chip shortage, which may continue well into 2022.
Which means E&E would only release then, which would put GTA 6 even further away.

There's a VERY TINY chance we get to see the E&E teaser at Sony's State of Play event today. Fingers crossed!

I'm guessing E&E will drop on all platforms at once. Has it ever happened that a major update was released for one, but delayed for another? I know the initial release for PC was at a later date than on consoles, but never an update, I believe?

I'm guessing E&E will drop on all platforms at once. Has it ever happened that a major update was released for one, but delayed for another? I know the initial release for PC was at a later date than on consoles, but never an update, I believe?
Then again they never did an update as massive as this one before. There's always hope of course.

Well that was a disappointment. No mention of E&E whatsoever in Sony's SOP.

Back
Top Bottom